How to find the link in bio on Instagram-If you’ve been using Instagram for a while, you’ve probably seen at least one caption that said “Link in bio.” What Instagram link in bio means, why do people use it, and where can I find it? This post has all the answers. You’ll also learn how to put a link in your bio on Instagram. Let’s get started.
What does Instagram’s “Link in Bio” mean?
What does it mean link in bio? Link in bio on Instagram is a simple way to say that the user is talking about a website link that is in their bio on their profile screen.
For context, we need to know how Instagram works and why people use “Link in bio.” Basically, Instagram doesn’t allow website links in Instagram captions that can be clicked on. If a link is put in a caption, it will look like normal text. That makes adding a link pointless, since no one can click on it.
Instagram users found a way around this problem by putting a link in the website section of their bio and writing “Link in bio” in the captions. This means that Instagram posts can be used to drive people to a website or blog, promote a product, give more information about something, etc.
Before, not all Instagram users could put links in their stories. So, you may have also seen the phrase “Link in bio” in stories. But thanks to the Link sticker, Instagram now lets all users add links that can be clicked on to their stories. Because of this, the phrase “Link in bio” appears on stories less often these days. When it does, it means that the link mentioned is on the user’s profile page.
Now, let’s look at how to find and add a link to your Instagram bio.
Find the Link in Bio on Instagram
You will never be able to find the “link in bio” section or caption on anyone’s Instagram page. It doesn’t exist in the real world, so that’s why. As we’ve already said, this is just a phrase that means the link is in the user’s bio.
Follow these steps to see the link in the bio on the Instagram website and in the Instagram apps for Android and iOS.
Find the link in the bio on Instagram’s mobile apps.
- Tap on the username of the user whose caption had the phrase “Link in bio.”
- You’ll be taken to the user’s profile screen. Between the user’s bio and the Follow/Following and Message buttons, you’ll find a link to their website here. Your “link in bio” is that. If you tap it, the link will open.
See Link in Bio on Instagram Website
- Click on the profile where a post says “Link in bio.”
- The link to their website will appear under their bio on their profile page. If you click on it, the site will open.
How to Add a Link to Your Instagram Bio on an iPhone or Android
Follow these steps to add a link to your Instagram bio that can be clicked on:
- Tap the picture of your profile at the bottom to go to your profile screen.
- Tap the button that says “Edit Profile.” Now, type or copy and paste the website link you want into the text field under Website. To save the changes, click the check mark at the top.
- When you add a link to your bio, it will show up on your profile page. “Link in bio” is now a safe thing to say in your Instagram captions.
How to Put a Link in the Instagram Bio
- Go to the Instagram website and click on your profile picture at the top. Then, from the menu, choose Profile.
- Click the button that says “Edit Profile.”
- Type the link you want in the Website box and click “Submit” at the bottom.
- Your bio will include the link.
How to put more than one link in your bio
The problem with Instagram and TikTok’s bio link feature is that you can only have one link. You can’t post links anywhere else on these platforms, so you have to think outside the box to make the most of your one chance.
Most creators do this by using a landing page to turn one link into several links.
All of the links you want to show off can be put on a landing page. You just need to put a link to that landing page in your Instagram or TikTok bio.
Sounds hard, right? It’s not at all! There are many tools that can help you make a landing page with more than one link.
If someone clicked on your link in your Instagram or TikTok bio, it means they were looking for something specific. Instead of trying to hard sell them on your landing page, make sure it meets their needs.
Instead, focus on what you can offer. For example, you could:
Give people who buy through your landing page special deals or discounts.
Link to your most popular or helpful content.
Include a helpful introduction to yourself or your brand.